As an afiiliate of the NSW Business Chamber, Skillsroad is proud to be a part of an organisation that plays an active role in supporting community initiatives across metropolitan, regional and remote communities in Australia.
Some examples of our community initiatives include:
- NSW Business Chamber flood assistance grants following the devastating Queensland and Northern NSW floods in 2011.
- Australian Business Apprenticeships Centre Young Endeavour Indigenous Scholarship – offering an Indigenous person aged between 16 and 23 the chance to experience a voyage aboard the national sail-training ship Young Endeavour as part of a leadership training experience. Check it out here!
- Australian Business Apprenticeships Centre sponsorship of the “Learn Earn Legend School to Work Program” – an education and employment initiative that utilises the positive profile of the game of Rugby League to support and encourage young Indigenous Australians from Western Sydney to stay at school, get a job, and be a legend for themselves, their families and their communities.
- Apprenticeship Careers Australia support businesses in New South Wales and Queensland taking on Indigenous school-based apprentices, including cross-cultural awareness training.
NSW Business Chamber employees also actively engage in supporting various charities with assistance from their colleagues. Some recent charities have included:
- Movember – raising money for prostate cancer research;
- The Sydney Coast Trek – raising money for the Fred Hollows Foundation;
- Pink Ribbon Day; and
- The 10,000 steps challenge where NSW narrowly beat rivals Queensland in a bid to increase awareness about personal activity levels