Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers set up and operate woodworking machines and wood turning lathes to shape wood stock, finish and polish furniture, and make picture frames and frame paintings, photographs and other artwork.
Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- determining tooling and machine requirements and sequence of operations
- setting up woodworking machines and wood stock for correct cutting, planning, turning, shaping and sanding
- operating machines to cut, plane, turn, shape and sand work pieces
- removing old finishes by stripping with steel wool and glasspaper, and by applying solvents and paint strippers, and removing softened finishes by scraping
- applying varnish, shellac, lacquer, stains and paint to surfaces and polishing and waxing finished surfaces
- fitting and fastening frame pieces
- mounting backing materials and subjects for framing
- Furniture Finisher
- Picture Framer
- Wood Machinist
- Wood Turner
- Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways, Certificate II in Furniture Finishing, Certificate II in Picture Framing,
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 27 Oct , 2021
- Newport, New South Wales
- Mon 25 Oct , 2021
- Bondi Beach, New South Wales
Apprentice Cabinet Maker, Joiner, & Kitchen Installer
- Panache Kitchens
- A very unique opportunity to join and learn from a team at the very top end of designer joinery in Sydney!
- We are a high quality trades team, committed to providing our customers with the very best in terms of design and service.
- We are honest and fair in terms of work hours, wages, and expectations.
- Everything will be provided in terms of tools needed, safety equipment, and on site education, to become a professional trades person in our industry.
- Trades & ServicesCabinetmakers
- Fri 22 Oct , 2021
- Glendenning, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au