Wall and Floor Tilers lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining plans, measuring and marking surfaces and laying out work
- preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces
- spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position
- using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes
- ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced
- grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout
- applying waterproofing systems
- may lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement or similar composition
- may lay coloured tiles in patterns to create mosaics
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprenticeship in Joinery
- Eric jones Staribuilding Group
- Our Timber steam is looking for someone who is eager to kick start their career and completing an Apprenticeship in Joinery Staircase Building with us. You’ will learn skills associated with making custom and traditional stairs, handrails and balustrades. As an Apprentice, you will be based in our workshop in Nunawading and occasionally on site.
- Great place to work
- Work with a leader in the stairbuilding industry
- Mentoring & Support
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Nunawading, Victoria
Ist year Metalwork Apprentice
- Wardrobe & Carroll
- First year apprentice to learn all aspects of metalwork including welding, manufacturing items and finishing work.
TAFE attendance required. Must have competent Maths & English skills. Driver's licence an advantage or willingness to obtain licence.
- Small Friendly workshop with lots of varied work for long established & reputable company
- Walking distance from shops & station
- Occasional overtime available
- Trades & ServicesMetal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- Tue 18 Feb , 2020
- Kirrawee, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au