Vehicle Painters prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply paint.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- removing rough spots on vehicle panels
- sanding surfaces by hand and with power sanders
- masking areas not to be painted with tape and paper
- colour matching and mixing paints to match paint shades, and selecting pre-mixed paint
- applying primer and finishing coats using spray-guns, and sanding surfaces between coats
- touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
- removing masking papers, and waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- painting signs and artwork on vehicles
- treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Automotive Vehicle Body
- Certificate III in Automotive Vehicle Body
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au