Tool and Die Makers make and repair tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and other precision parts and equipment to fine tolerances for machine tools and other production machinery.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of articles to be manufactured and models to be constructed
- measuring and marking out metal stock and castings using various gauges
- shaping metal and wood stock using machine tools
- checking accuracy of manufactured articles and finished patterns to fine tolerances, using precision measuring instruments
- testing and modifying manufactured articles
- applying protective finishes to patterns and painting pattern sections to indicate method of assembly
- assembling pattern sections and shaping work pieces to specified finish
- pouring and spreading materials into moulds and over models of patterns, and building laminations of fibreglass cloth and plastic resin to fabricate patterns
- repairing broken and damaged patterns and correcting patterns to compensate for defects in casting
- constructing templates for layout and inspection
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Specialising in Toolmaking)
Other Careers In This Industry
3rd or 4th year refrigeration mechanic air-conditioning
- Facilities cooling and heating
- Looking for a keen and motivated apprentice to start within the next 4-6 weeks. we're a small company, We mainly operate in domestic, some commercial and some industrial. Interstate work from time to time.
If you take a sick day every second week don't bother applying.
40 hour week
Some Saturday work
Super and long service
Prefer applicants around north to north eastern suburbs.
Medical must be undertaken prior to starting with us.
3 month probation period applies
- Trades & ServicesAirconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics
- Mon 16 Sep , 2019
- Campbellfield, Victoria
Apprentice Electrical Fitter
- Hoping to spark your lifelong career? Evoenergy have opened their 2020 apprenticeship program.
Whether you are fresh from school or looking for a career change, with Evoenergy you can earn while you learn.
We are looking for collaborative, proactive and energetic safety champions to join our team as Apprentice Electrical Fitters.
Our work crews offer mentorship and train you in-line with safe work practices, while you build your technical skills and knowledge.
- Hoping to spark your lifelong career?
- With Evoenergy you can earn while you learn as part of our apprenticeship program
- Generous salary package and employee benefits
- Trades & ServicesElectrical Distribution Trades Workers
- Mon 16 Sep , 2019
- Greenway, Australian Capital Territory
Apprentice - Landscape Gardener
- Sunrise Garden & Strata
- Sunrise Garden and Strata Services is looking for an exceptional apprentice on a Full time basis to join our friendly and experienced team.
If the below interests you and you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career, please send us your
application to email@example.com
For further information about this position or the Company, please contact Jonathan Bentz, Director,
0468868792 or Aaron Schreiber, Management, 0449075282
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Competitive wage
- Career progression opportunities
- A dynamic and unique working environment
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Mon 16 Sep , 2019
- Wahroonga, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/