Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships and other vessels.
Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
- Metal Fabricator
- Pressure Welder
- Welder-First Class
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
Other Careers In This Industry
- Jamberoo Action Park
- Jamberoo Action Park is looking for a passionate and dedicated Apprentice to join the organisations committed Landscaping Team in maintaining the extensive gardens and grounds. The successful applicant will also complete a Certificate III in Horticulture (Parks and Gardens) over a 4 year period.
- Working for one of NSW’s most renowned tourism brands;
- Being paid to complete a nationally recognised certificate whilst gaining skills and experience within the industry; and
- A number of employee benefits as part of the Jamberoo Action Park Team!
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Fri 20 Jul , 2018
- Jamberoo, New South Wales
- LINK TYRES AND MECHANICAL
- We are looking for a skilled light vehicle mechanic with trade qualified certs. Must have current drivers licence and medium ridged licence and preferably knowledge on all types of vehicles trucks and buses.
- Easy rostered
- Friendly environment
- Above award wages
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Sun 15 Jul , 2018
- Moranbah, Queensland
- Fri 13 Jul , 2018
- Carrum Downs, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/