Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships and other vessels.
Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions
- cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding
- Metal Fabricator
- Pressure Welder
- Welder-First Class
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 19 Aug , 2019
- Port Melbourne, Victoria
- The O Salon Hairdressers
- You will be taught to cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions as well as all aspects of hairdressing including product knowledge and sales.
- Learning from outstanding hair professionals
- Very successful busy salon in Mosman
- Relaxed working environment
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 15 Aug , 2019
- Mosman, New South Wales
Electrical Apprentice, 2 positions
- Kuga Electrical
- Looking for 2 apprentices, can be 1st.2nd.3rd or 4th year. Work is commercial and domestic electrical installations. Be part of a growing team. Currently operating in Vic and NSW. Must have hard working attitude and want to learn. Looking for immediate start.
- Growing team across NSW and Vic, Lots of work and opportunities to learn
- Job security, job satisfaction and and ongoing skills development
- Commercial and domestic, LED lighting, Solar and general electrical work
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Fri 9 Aug , 2019
- Kings Park, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/