Sheetmetal Trades Workers mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
Sheetmetal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 19 Aug , 2019
- Port Melbourne, Victoria
- The O Salon Hairdressers
- You will be taught to cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions as well as all aspects of hairdressing including product knowledge and sales.
- Learning from outstanding hair professionals
- Very successful busy salon in Mosman
- Relaxed working environment
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 15 Aug , 2019
- Mosman, New South Wales
Electrical Apprentice, 2 positions
- Kuga Electrical
- Looking for 2 apprentices, can be 1st.2nd.3rd or 4th year. Work is commercial and domestic electrical installations. Be part of a growing team. Currently operating in Vic and NSW. Must have hard working attitude and want to learn. Looking for immediate start.
- Growing team across NSW and Vic, Lots of work and opportunities to learn
- Job security, job satisfaction and and ongoing skills development
- Commercial and domestic, LED lighting, Solar and general electrical work
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Fri 9 Aug , 2019
- Kings Park, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/