Sheetmetal Trades Workers mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
Sheetmetal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 3 Jul , 2020
- Saint Marys, New South Wales
- Barrenjoey Locksmith & Alarms
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year apprentice Locksmith required for immediate start
- Established for over 45 years
- Join a large fun team
- At Barrenjoey Locksmiths & Alarms, we cover all aspects of the industry, giving you the opportunity to be trained all different areas.
- Trades & ServicesLocksmith
- Tue 30 Jun , 2020
- Brookvale, New South Wales
Commercial Construction Plumber Tradesman/4th Year Apprentice
- Plumb Pro Plumbing & Xcacations
- Commercial Construction Plumber Tradesman/4th Year Apprentice
We are looking for a plumber who have experience with drainage right through to fit off.
• Competitive Hourly Rate + Super
• Long Term Opportunity
• A diverse experience across different projects
We are currently seeking a tradesman/4th year apprentice to join our small team at Bella Vista.
- Opportunity to work on high class projects
- Own van/ute back to base
- Bonus incentives
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Mon 29 Jun , 2020
- Bella Vista, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au