Sheetmetal Trades Workers mark out, shape, form and join sheetmetal and other materials to make products and components.
Sheetmetal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- selecting metal stock, such as stainless steel, galvanised iron, mild steel, aluminium and copper, and checking sizes, gauges and other dimensions of metal stock against specifications
- marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- fitting and assembling components into final products by welding, riveting, soldering, brazing and otherwise joining
- finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- may repair damaged sheetmetal products and components
- may specialise in fabrication, or on-site assembly and installation, of sheetmetal products
- may produce aircraft sheet metal components requiring advanced drawing and calculating skills
- may specialise in decorative copperwork
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- Certificate IV in Engineering
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Osborne Park, Western Australia
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- Casuarina, Western Australia
Apprentice Hairdresser 3rd Year
- Hairhouse Ipswich
- Want to join the exciting industry of hair and beauty?
Then why not join Australia’s leading hair and beauty services retailer?
With over 120 stores across Australia, Hairhouse salons offer professional hair services and the widest range of hair products along with a piercing studio!
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 29 Jul , 2021
- North Ipswich, Queensland
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au