Roof Tilers cover roofs with tiles, sheets and shingles to form a waterproof surface.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings, specifications and work sites to determine materials required
- erecting ladders and scaffolds
- placing and securing waterproof sheets over eaves
- nailing and stapling roofing underlay to roofs
- aligning starter rows of roofing material with edges of roofs, securing with wire, staples and nails, and overlapping successive layers of tiles
- sizing and cutting roofing material to fit around vents, chimney edges, corners and ridges
- fixing edge and ridge tiles in cement mortar
- slipping roofing material under pre-fabricated flashing and nailing it down
- caulking and flashing exposed nail heads to prevent leaks
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Cert III in Roof Tiling
Other Careers In This Industry
- Jamberoo Action Park
- Jamberoo Action Park is looking for a passionate and dedicated Apprentice to join the organisations committed Landscaping Team in maintaining the extensive gardens and grounds. The successful applicant will also complete a Certificate III in Horticulture (Parks and Gardens) over a 4 year period.
- Working for one of NSW’s most renowned tourism brands;
- Being paid to complete a nationally recognised certificate whilst gaining skills and experience within the industry; and
- A number of employee benefits as part of the Jamberoo Action Park Team!
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Fri 20 Jul , 2018
- Jamberoo, New South Wales
- LINK TYRES AND MECHANICAL
- We are looking for a skilled light vehicle mechanic with trade qualified certs. Must have current drivers licence and medium ridged licence and preferably knowledge on all types of vehicles trucks and buses.
- Easy rostered
- Friendly environment
- Above award wages
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Sun 15 Jul , 2018
- Moranbah, Queensland
- Fri 13 Jul , 2018
- Carrum Downs, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/