Roof Plumbers work with roof drainage systems on residential, commercial and industrial buildings. They install, maintain and repair flashings, metallic roof and wall claddings and rainwater products such as gutters, eaves, downpipes and rainwater tanks. Registration or licensing is required.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required
- setting out and installing hot and cold water systems and associated equipment
- installing water-based fire protections systems, including fire hydrants, hose reels and sprinkler systems
- designing and installing sanitary plumbing and water supply systems, discharge pipes and sanitary fixtures
- fabricating and installing soil and waste stacks
- assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment and small bore heating systems
- installing sewerage and effluent pumping equipment and disposal systems
- installing below-ground drainage systems and associated ground support systems
- installing gas appliances, flues and pressure regulating devices
- fabricating and installing metal roofing, rainwater goods and flashings
- Roof Plumber
- Metal Roof Plumber
- Steel Roof Plumber
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (CPC32612)
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprenticeship in Joinery
- Eric jones Staribuilding Group
- Our Timber steam is looking for someone who is eager to kick start their career and completing an Apprenticeship in Joinery Staircase Building with us. You’ will learn skills associated with making custom and traditional stairs, handrails and balustrades. As an Apprentice, you will be based in our workshop in Nunawading and occasionally on site.
- Great place to work
- Work with a leader in the stairbuilding industry
- Mentoring & Support
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Nunawading, Victoria
Ist year Metalwork Apprentice
- Wardrobe & Carroll
- First year apprentice to learn all aspects of metalwork including welding, manufacturing items and finishing work.
TAFE attendance required. Must have competent Maths & English skills. Driver's licence an advantage or willingness to obtain licence.
- Small Friendly workshop with lots of varied work for long established & reputable company
- Walking distance from shops & station
- Occasional overtime available
- Trades & ServicesMetal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- Tue 18 Feb , 2020
- Kirrawee, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au