Precision Metal Trades Workers fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair metal precision instruments.
Precision Metal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
- Precision Instrument Maker and Repairer
- Saw Maker and Repairer
- Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Watch and Clock Service and Repair
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 27 Oct , 2021
- Newport, New South Wales
- Mon 25 Oct , 2021
- Bondi Beach, New South Wales
Apprentice Cabinet Maker, Joiner, & Kitchen Installer
- Panache Kitchens
- A very unique opportunity to join and learn from a team at the very top end of designer joinery in Sydney!
- We are a high quality trades team, committed to providing our customers with the very best in terms of design and service.
- We are honest and fair in terms of work hours, wages, and expectations.
- Everything will be provided in terms of tools needed, safety equipment, and on site education, to become a professional trades person in our industry.
- Trades & ServicesCabinetmakers
- Fri 22 Oct , 2021
- Glendenning, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au