Precision Metal Trades Workers fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair metal precision instruments.
Precision Metal Trades Workers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assembling parts and subassemblies of precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms
- dismantling precision instruments, locks, timepieces and firearms, repairing and replacing defective parts, and reassembling articles using hand and power tools and specially designed machines
- inscribing letters, figures and designs on surfaces of jewellery, trophies and other ornamental items
- installing security systems, changing tumblers in locks, changing locks, cutting keys and opening locks by manipulation
- calibrating precision instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures, and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- making blades for circular, band and other power saws and repairing, setting and sharpening blades for hand and power saws
- testing circuits in electronic timepieces
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
- Precision Instrument Maker and Repairer
- Saw Maker and Repairer
- Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Watch and Clock Service and Repair
Other Careers In This Industry
- Considering an apprenticeship?
Looking for career growth within an exciting and innovative industry?
Do you want to work with a passionate team dedicated to quality and service?
Looking for a unique and rewarding career on the latest print technologies?
Would you like to work in a specialised industry that provides training and nationally recognised qualifications?
- Looking for local career growth within an exciting and innovative industry?
- Do you want to work with a passionate team dedicated to quality and service?
- Looking for a unique and rewarding career on the latest print technologies?
- Trades & ServicesPrinters
- Wed 24 Apr , 2019
- Griffith, New South Wales
2nd or 3rd Year Plumbing and Gas Apprentice
- Link Plumbing and Gas Service
- We are looking for an experienced 2nd or 3rd Year Plumbing and Gas Apprentice. Candidates MUST have domestic plumbing maintenance experience. Candidates must also be hard working, team orientated and have a commitment to develop skills and knowledge in this trade.
- Link Plumbing and Gas Service is a WA Owned and run plumbing and gas company that has been servicing the Perth metropolitan area for over 30 years.
- We have a team of qualified Plumbers and Gas Fitters who provide a wealth of knowledge and experience in all facets of Plumbing and Gas Fitting.
- We pride ourselves on providing excellence service, quality plumbing and gas fitting, friendly, knowledgeable and self motivated team members.
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Tue 16 Apr , 2019
- Belmont, Western Australia
Apprentice Roof Plumber
- Hartley Metal Roofing PTY LTD
- As a Roof Plumber Apprentice you will be shown how to use tools correctly and work in a team, creating the best possible outcome on the job.
TAFE is block release, drivers licence is not a must, but is great to have.
- You get to work with young energetic crew of guys with passion for metal roofing
- Local work around the Illawarra
- Working with an organised team
- Trades & ServicesRoof Tilers
- Thu 11 Apr , 2019
- Dapto, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/