Plasterers apply and fix plasterboard partitions, suspended ceilings, fire rating systems, acoustic tiles, and composite wall linings to buildings, and apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement and similar materials to the interiors and exteriors of structures.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels, and securing them to walls, ceilings and battens
- preparing corner beads and securing them in position
- fixing pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster and sealing compounds, and smoothing them using wet brushes and sand paper
- mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement and render to structures using trowels, and levelling and smoothing coats to uniform thickness
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- creating decorative textures in finishing coats
- applying and finishing acoustic, insulating and fireproofing materials bonded with plaster, plastic cement and similar materials
- Fibrous Plasterer
- Solid Plasterer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
Other Careers In This Industry
- Apprentice painter
- Opportunity learn from experienced tradespeople who are passionate and knowledgeable
- Work on amazing, high end residential projects with a wide range of interesting finishes and materials
- Paid lunch break and friendly working environment
- Trades & ServicesPainting Trades Workers
- Sun 12 Jul , 2020
- Perth, Western Australia
Outdoor Power Equipment Technology Traineeship
- Kiama Mowers
- Small Engine Mechanics maintain, test and repair engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines. I am looking for someone that has started, or wants to start the 3 year TAFE course in Outdoor Power Equipment Technology and work beside a qualified technician to learn hands on. Once experienced/qualified you are in a highly sought after role, a definite shortage of technicians exists through-out the industry.
- Work anywhere with the skills & qualification you will achieve in this role, not enough small motor mechanics out there.
- One to one learning...learn the business from me & the mechanical skills from a qualified technician.
- Work on a wide array of gear ranging from walk behind & ride on mowers to demo saws & compactors.
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Fri 10 Jul , 2020
- Kiama, New South Wales
- Tue 7 Jul , 2020
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au