Panelbeaters repair damage to metal, fibreglass and plastic body work on vehicles, and form replacement vehicle panels.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- removing damaged panels and parts, and removing upholstery and accessories to gain access
- removing dents by hammering panels
- straightening damaged vehicles and parts using mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- replacing badly damaged sections with new or second-hand panels
- filling depressions with plastic filler, and filing, grinding and sanding repaired surfaces
- cutting and joining replacement sections using welding equipment
- fitting repaired or replacement panels on vehicles and refitting body hardware such as door locks and trims
- may assist vehicle body builders in constructing and restoring custom-designed, vintage and other specialty vehicles
- may spray-paint vehicles
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Automotive Vehicle Body
- Certificate III in Automotive Vehicle Body
- Certificate IV in Automotive Body Repair Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Osborne Park, Western Australia
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- Casuarina, Western Australia
Apprentice Hairdresser 3rd Year
- Hairhouse Ipswich
- Want to join the exciting industry of hair and beauty?
Then why not join Australia’s leading hair and beauty services retailer?
With over 120 stores across Australia, Hairhouse salons offer professional hair services and the widest range of hair products along with a piercing studio!
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 29 Jul , 2021
- North Ipswich, Queensland
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au