Panelbeaters repair damage to metal, fibreglass and plastic body work on vehicles, and form replacement vehicle panels.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- removing damaged panels and parts, and removing upholstery and accessories to gain access
- removing dents by hammering panels
- straightening damaged vehicles and parts using mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- replacing badly damaged sections with new or second-hand panels
- filling depressions with plastic filler, and filing, grinding and sanding repaired surfaces
- cutting and joining replacement sections using welding equipment
- fitting repaired or replacement panels on vehicles and refitting body hardware such as door locks and trims
- may assist vehicle body builders in constructing and restoring custom-designed, vintage and other specialty vehicles
- may spray-paint vehicles
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Automotive Vehicle Body
- Certificate III in Automotive Vehicle Body
- Certificate IV in Automotive Body Repair Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Apprentice painter
- Opportunity learn from experienced tradespeople who are passionate and knowledgeable
- Work on amazing, high end residential projects with a wide range of interesting finishes and materials
- Paid lunch break and friendly working environment
- Trades & ServicesPainting Trades Workers
- Sun 12 Jul , 2020
- Perth, Western Australia
Outdoor Power Equipment Technology Traineeship
- Kiama Mowers
- Small Engine Mechanics maintain, test and repair engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines. I am looking for someone that has started, or wants to start the 3 year TAFE course in Outdoor Power Equipment Technology and work beside a qualified technician to learn hands on. Once experienced/qualified you are in a highly sought after role, a definite shortage of technicians exists through-out the industry.
- Work anywhere with the skills & qualification you will achieve in this role, not enough small motor mechanics out there.
- One to one learning...learn the business from me & the mechanical skills from a qualified technician.
- Work on a wide array of gear ranging from walk behind & ride on mowers to demo saws & compactors.
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Fri 10 Jul , 2020
- Kiama, New South Wales
- Tue 7 Jul , 2020
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au