Painting Trades Workers apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- erecting scaffolding and ladders, and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays
- hanging wallpaper, matching patterns and trimming edges
- cleaning equipment and work areas
- may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
- may lay and repair wall and floor tiles
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 10 Aug , 2020
- Parramatta, New South Wales
- Wed 5 Aug , 2020
- Caringbah, New South Wales
- Easigrass Australia Pty Ltd
- Landscape Apprentice to join a fast growing artificial grass company on the Northern Beaches. As part of this role you will travel both independently and as part of a team to job locations throughout Sydney. The successful candidate will be part of a fast growing company and international brand.
Based from our warehouse in Belrose, this is an exciting role with plenty career progression for the right candidate.
- Be part of an international growing brand
- Lots of career potential
- No limits to learning the full landscaping trade
- Trades & ServicesLandscape Gardener
- Fri 24 Jul , 2020
- Queenscliff, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au