Painting Trades Workers apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- erecting scaffolding and ladders, and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays
- hanging wallpaper, matching patterns and trimming edges
- cleaning equipment and work areas
- may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
- may lay and repair wall and floor tiles
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au