Painting Trades Workers apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- erecting scaffolding and ladders, and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays
- hanging wallpaper, matching patterns and trimming edges
- cleaning equipment and work areas
- may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
- may lay and repair wall and floor tiles
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Osborne Park, Western Australia
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- Casuarina, Western Australia
Apprentice Hairdresser 3rd Year
- Hairhouse Ipswich
- Want to join the exciting industry of hair and beauty?
Then why not join Australia’s leading hair and beauty services retailer?
With over 120 stores across Australia, Hairhouse salons offer professional hair services and the widest range of hair products along with a piercing studio!
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 29 Jul , 2021
- North Ipswich, Queensland
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au