Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters fit and replace parts and accessories on motor vehicles.
Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories Fitters
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks. •removing old and damaged parts and cleaning surrounding areas on vehicles •fitting batteries and installing accessories such as sun roofs, stereos and alarms •removing damaged glass, trimming strips and rubber seals from window frames and mountings on motor vehicles, positioning new windscreens and glass windows on frames and attaching and sealing them •inspecting, removing and repairing muffler mountings, and fitting new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes •removing radiators from vehicles and cleaning and repairing them •installing new or repaired radiators into vehicles and repairing and replacing other units in the cooling system such as thermostats, head gaskets and water pumps •inspecting tyres to determine which repair action to implement and repairing punctures in tubes and tubeless tyres •operating air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes on vehicles •balancing wheels and tyres using static and electronic equipment
- Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter
- Exhaust and Muffler Fitter
- Radiator Fitter
- Tyre Fitter
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology
- Certificate II in Automotive Exhaust System Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 19 Aug , 2019
- Port Melbourne, Victoria
- The O Salon Hairdressers
- You will be taught to cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions as well as all aspects of hairdressing including product knowledge and sales.
- Learning from outstanding hair professionals
- Very successful busy salon in Mosman
- Relaxed working environment
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 15 Aug , 2019
- Mosman, New South Wales
Electrical Apprentice, 2 positions
- Kuga Electrical
- Looking for 2 apprentices, can be 1st.2nd.3rd or 4th year. Work is commercial and domestic electrical installations. Be part of a growing team. Currently operating in Vic and NSW. Must have hard working attitude and want to learn. Looking for immediate start.
- Growing team across NSW and Vic, Lots of work and opportunities to learn
- Job security, job satisfaction and and ongoing skills development
- Commercial and domestic, LED lighting, Solar and general electrical work
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Fri 9 Aug , 2019
- Kings Park, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/