Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitters fit and replace parts and accessories on motor vehicles.
Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories Fitters
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks. •removing old and damaged parts and cleaning surrounding areas on vehicles •fitting batteries and installing accessories such as sun roofs, stereos and alarms •removing damaged glass, trimming strips and rubber seals from window frames and mountings on motor vehicles, positioning new windscreens and glass windows on frames and attaching and sealing them •inspecting, removing and repairing muffler mountings, and fitting new mufflers, extractors and exhaust pipes •removing radiators from vehicles and cleaning and repairing them •installing new or repaired radiators into vehicles and repairing and replacing other units in the cooling system such as thermostats, head gaskets and water pumps •inspecting tyres to determine which repair action to implement and repairing punctures in tubes and tubeless tyres •operating air driven equipment to remove and refit tyres and tubes on vehicles •balancing wheels and tyres using static and electronic equipment
- Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories Fitter
- Exhaust and Muffler Fitter
- Radiator Fitter
- Tyre Fitter
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- Certificate II in Automotive Tyre Servicing Technology
- Certificate II in Automotive Exhaust System Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Griffith Butchery
- Training to select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply and to operate meat processing machines.
- Award Winning Butchery
- In Operation for 30 years
- Griffith - Great location
- Trades & ServicesButcher
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Griffith, Australian Capital Territory
Marine mechanic 1st Year Apprentice
- Kris Oakley Marine Servicing
- 1st Year Apprenticeship certificate 3 Marine Mechanics
Outboard motor servicing and repair.
Vessel servicing and wiring.
Trailer servicing and repair.
- If boating is one of your passions, start a career in the marine idustry
- Small buisness with great team environment.
- Working with one of the biggest outboard motor and boat brands in Austraila
- Trades & ServicesBoat Builder and Repairer
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Dandenong South, Victoria
CNC Machinist, Toolmaker
- Caman Engineering International
- At Caman Engineering International an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship as a FITTER/TURNER, CNC-MACHINIST within a very well established company has come up.
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging apprenticeship, are well presented and eager to learn, this might be your first step toward an interesting and challenging career.
- Brand new purpose built factory
- Australian owned and operated
- Located in the Sutherland Shire
- Trades & ServicesMetal Fitters and Machinists
- Mon 10 Dec , 2018
- Kurnell, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/