Metal Fitters and Machinists fit and assemble fabricated metal parts into products, set up machining tools, production machines and textile machines, and operate machining tools and machines to shape metal stock and castings.
Metal Fitters and Machinists
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
- setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
- forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
- cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
- diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- may erect machines and equipment on-site
- Fitter and Turner
- Metal Machinist (First Class)
- Textile, Clothing and Footwear Mechanic
- Metal Fitters and Machinists
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade - Maintenance - Fitting and Turning
Other Careers In This Industry
- Tue 12 Nov , 2019
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Acton, Australian Capital Territory
Trainee Pest Control Technician
- Buzz Off Termites & Pest Managment Pty Ltd
- Traineeship would be ideal for school leaver, no experience in Pest Control necessary as full on the job training & online completion of Certificate III in Urban Pest Management to gain License in Pest Control.
- We will get you Qualified & Licensed in Pest Control while you Work!
- Fantastic Opportunities for Future in Pest Control!
- Dynamic Family Run Business who really do Value their Team & strive for Greatness!
- Trades & ServicesPest Controllers
- Tue 12 Nov , 2019
- Blacktown, New South Wales
1st year Apprentice Hairdresser
- Zucci Hairdressing
- Fantastic opportunity to get into the hairdressing industry working at one of Melbourne's leading salons
- We will challenge you to be the best you can be
- We have trained award winning hairdresser
- You will love working at Zucci
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Mon 11 Nov , 2019
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Ivanhoe, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/