Metal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades fabricate mould patterns and form sand moulds and cores for the production of metal castings, heat and hammer metal into shape, and make, repair, coat and polish metal parts and articles.
Metal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- selecting metal stock for job requirements
- heating metal in forges and furnaces and hammering, punching and cutting metal using hand tools and machine presses
- tempering and hardening finished articles by quenching in oil or water baths or by cooling gradually in air
- preparing electrolytic and silver solutions for electroforming, and applying solution to the objects to be coated
- setting and adjusting controls to regulate electric current and depositing of coating on objects
- preparing horses' hooves for shoeing, nailing horseshoes to hooves, and trimming hooves
- cutting, trimming, shaping and smoothing stock to form mould patterns
- filling boxes with sand and setting patterns in place, and pouring molten metal into moulds
- applying refractory paint and positioning cores in moulds
- finishing metal and articles by polishing and buffing and applying shellac, lacquer, paint and other finishes.
- Metal Casting Trades Worker
- Metal Polisher
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
Other Careers In This Industry
Landscaping and Gardening Apprenticeships
- LD TOTAL
- LD TOTAL's next intake of Apprentices is now underway, and we are looking for enthusiastic applicants to join our Company. LD Total is celebrating 20 years of business in 2021, and we have had more than 40 Apprentices successfully graduate through our program in the last 10 years. Many of our apprentices have integrated their passion and commitment with their skills and knowledge to progress through LD Total into senior leaderships roles.
- Love working outdoors
- Join the national leader in landscaping
- Get paid to learn
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Mon 18 Oct , 2021
- Truganina, Victoria
Landscape Labourer (or Apprentice)
- Dirtwork Landscapes Pty Ltd
We’re a commercial landscaping company based in Holden Hill, South Australia with a passion for creating exceptional outdoor spaces since 2011. Our last few years have been a period of rapid growth and we’re looking for more vivacious personalities to join the team!
We have an in house design team and a large on site team that specialise in developing commercial landscapes, with projects mostly within the education sector but not excluding residential.
- Trades & ServicesLandscape Gardener
- Fri 15 Oct , 2021
- Holden Hill, South Australia
Apprentice Motor Mechanic
- JSB Automotive Services
- Apprentice Motor Mechanic
Trained in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Cert III
- Working along side a skilled and experienced Team
- Access to learning opportunities for various vehicles and range of repairs
- Healthy working environment
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Thu 14 Oct , 2021
- Girraween, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au