Lift Mechanics design, install, maintain, service and repair electric and hydraulic passenger and freight lifts, escalators, moving walkways and other lift equipment. Registration or licensing is required.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications to determine sequences and methods of operation
- measuring and laying out installation reference points
- selecting, cutting and connecting wire and cable to terminals and connectors
- using electrical and electronic test instruments to trace and diagnose faults
- repairing and replacing faulty wiring and defective parts
- positioning and installing electrical switchboards
- connecting electrical systems to power supply
- installing, testing and adjusting electric and mechanical parts of lifts
- Lift Mechanic
- Lift Electrician
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Electrical Fitting
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprenticeship in Joinery
- Eric jones Staribuilding Group
- Our Timber steam is looking for someone who is eager to kick start their career and completing an Apprenticeship in Joinery Staircase Building with us. You’ will learn skills associated with making custom and traditional stairs, handrails and balustrades. As an Apprentice, you will be based in our workshop in Nunawading and occasionally on site.
- Great place to work
- Work with a leader in the stairbuilding industry
- Mentoring & Support
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Nunawading, Victoria
Ist year Metalwork Apprentice
- Wardrobe & Carroll
- First year apprentice to learn all aspects of metalwork including welding, manufacturing items and finishing work.
TAFE attendance required. Must have competent Maths & English skills. Driver's licence an advantage or willingness to obtain licence.
- Small Friendly workshop with lots of varied work for long established & reputable company
- Walking distance from shops & station
- Occasional overtime available
- Trades & ServicesMetal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- Tue 18 Feb , 2020
- Kirrawee, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au