A Landscape Gardener takes care of the entire picture of a garden: from planning the structure (the walls, fences, ponds, trellises, drainage, project costing) to the actual plants that will reside in the garden. The role involves having both a creative and practical mindset in order to create functional and beautiful gardens.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- Prepares plans and drawings, selects materials and plants, and schedules landscape construction.
- Sets out and installs hardscape and softscape structures.
- Constructs gravel and paved areas, walls, fences, pergolas, ponds, barbecues and garden furniture.
- Prepares seedbeds and growing sites.
- Plants trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs.
- Prepares lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass or laying instant turf.
- Landscape Contractor
- Landscape Gardener
- Landscape Management Technician
- Gardeners (General)
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Landscaping
- Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- Diploma of Landscape Design
Other Careers In This Industry
Landscaping and Gardening Apprenticeships
- LD TOTAL
- LD TOTAL's next intake of Apprentices is now underway, and we are looking for enthusiastic applicants to join our Company. LD Total is celebrating 20 years of business in 2021, and we have had more than 40 Apprentices successfully graduate through our program in the last 10 years. Many of our apprentices have integrated their passion and commitment with their skills and knowledge to progress through LD Total into senior leaderships roles.
- Love working outdoors
- Join the national leader in landscaping
- Get paid to learn
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Mon 18 Oct , 2021
- Truganina, Victoria
Landscape Labourer (or Apprentice)
- Dirtwork Landscapes Pty Ltd
We’re a commercial landscaping company based in Holden Hill, South Australia with a passion for creating exceptional outdoor spaces since 2011. Our last few years have been a period of rapid growth and we’re looking for more vivacious personalities to join the team!
We have an in house design team and a large on site team that specialise in developing commercial landscapes, with projects mostly within the education sector but not excluding residential.
- Trades & ServicesLandscape Gardener
- Fri 15 Oct , 2021
- Holden Hill, South Australia
Apprentice Motor Mechanic
- JSB Automotive Services
- Apprentice Motor Mechanic
Trained in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Cert III
- Working along side a skilled and experienced Team
- Access to learning opportunities for various vehicles and range of repairs
- Healthy working environment
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Thu 14 Oct , 2021
- Girraween, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au