A Landscape Gardener takes care of the entire picture of a garden: from planning the structure (the walls, fences, ponds, trellises, drainage, project costing) to the actual plants that will reside in the garden. The role involves having both a creative and practical mindset in order to create functional and beautiful gardens.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- Prepares plans and drawings, selects materials and plants, and schedules landscape construction.
- Sets out and installs hardscape and softscape structures.
- Constructs gravel and paved areas, walls, fences, pergolas, ponds, barbecues and garden furniture.
- Prepares seedbeds and growing sites.
- Plants trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs.
- Prepares lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass or laying instant turf.
- Landscape Contractor
- Landscape Gardener
- Landscape Management Technician
- Gardeners (General)
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Landscaping
- Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- Diploma of Landscape Design
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Osborne Park, Western Australia
- Fri 30 Jul , 2021
- Casuarina, Western Australia
Apprentice Hairdresser 3rd Year
- Hairhouse Ipswich
- Want to join the exciting industry of hair and beauty?
Then why not join Australia’s leading hair and beauty services retailer?
With over 120 stores across Australia, Hairhouse salons offer professional hair services and the widest range of hair products along with a piercing studio!
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 29 Jul , 2021
- North Ipswich, Queensland
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au