Jewellers make and repair jewellery such as rings, brooches, chains and bracelets, craft objects out of precious metals, and cut, shape and polish rough gemstones to produce fashion and industrial jewels.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- examining designs and specifications for jewellery and precious metal objects
- shaping moulded metal by cutting, filing, beating, turning and bending, using specialised hand and power tools
- assembling articles by soldering, screwing, riveting and otherwise joining
- securing precious stones in retaining prongs and ridges, and smoothing and checking final settings
- engraving designs on ring settings, brooches, bracelets and other articles
- repairing jewellery by soldering, replacing and rebuilding worn and broken parts
- appraising the quality and value of jewellery
- cutting and dividing stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
- securing stones and shapes, cutting angles, smoothing and polishing
- finishing articles using files, emery paper and buffing machines
- restyling old jewellery
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Jewellery Manufacture
- Certificate IV in Advanced Jewellery Manufacture
- Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 3 Jul , 2020
- Saint Marys, New South Wales
- Barrenjoey Locksmith & Alarms
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year apprentice Locksmith required for immediate start
- Established for over 45 years
- Join a large fun team
- At Barrenjoey Locksmiths & Alarms, we cover all aspects of the industry, giving you the opportunity to be trained all different areas.
- Trades & ServicesLocksmith
- Tue 30 Jun , 2020
- Brookvale, New South Wales
Commercial Construction Plumber Tradesman/4th Year Apprentice
- Plumb Pro Plumbing & Xcacations
- Commercial Construction Plumber Tradesman/4th Year Apprentice
We are looking for a plumber who have experience with drainage right through to fit off.
• Competitive Hourly Rate + Super
• Long Term Opportunity
• A diverse experience across different projects
We are currently seeking a tradesman/4th year apprentice to join our small team at Bella Vista.
- Opportunity to work on high class projects
- Own van/ute back to base
- Bonus incentives
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Mon 29 Jun , 2020
- Bella Vista, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au