Insulation and Home Improvement Installers install a variety of insulation materials to improve resistance to heat, cold, air, sound and moisture, and install functional and decorative home improvements.
Insulation and Home Improvement Installers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- examining plans, specifications and work sites to determine the type and quality of installations required and their location
- preparing site for insulation and installation of fittings by nailing up furring, drilling holes for screws and bolts, and erecting scaffolding and ladders
- gluing blocks and slabs of foamed plastic and cork to walls
- operating equipment to blow and spray mineral wool, fibre fill and foam insulation material into cavities
- cutting insulation material to size and shape, and nailing and stapling batt-type insulation to joists, studs and furring
- measuring, cutting and applying solar control film to windows
- fitting awnings, security screens, shower screens, prefabricated windows and doors, exterior cladding and other home improvements using hand tools
- drilling holes in wood, brick, stone and fibrous structures, and bolting, screwing and nailing fittings into place
- attaching and adjusting mechanical fittings such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- installing flashing and waterproofing to fittings such as shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors
- Building Insulation Installer
- Home Improvement Installer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 19 Aug , 2019
- Port Melbourne, Victoria
- The O Salon Hairdressers
- You will be taught to cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions as well as all aspects of hairdressing including product knowledge and sales.
- Learning from outstanding hair professionals
- Very successful busy salon in Mosman
- Relaxed working environment
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Thu 15 Aug , 2019
- Mosman, New South Wales
Electrical Apprentice, 2 positions
- Kuga Electrical
- Looking for 2 apprentices, can be 1st.2nd.3rd or 4th year. Work is commercial and domestic electrical installations. Be part of a growing team. Currently operating in Vic and NSW. Must have hard working attitude and want to learn. Looking for immediate start.
- Growing team across NSW and Vic, Lots of work and opportunities to learn
- Job security, job satisfaction and and ongoing skills development
- Commercial and domestic, LED lighting, Solar and general electrical work
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Fri 9 Aug , 2019
- Kings Park, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/