Industrial Spraypainters operate spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- grinding, sanding and cleaning surfaces of items to be painted
- loading paint, oil, lacquer, varnish and rustproofing agents into spray equipment
- connecting hoses to spray equipment and adjusting spray nozzles to required pressure
- securing items to be sprayed within spray booths or placing them onto conveyors
- directing spray guns to apply even coatings
- moving items to drying areas and stacking them for further painting and packaging
- starting and monitoring extractor and drying fans, and heaters
- cleaning nozzles, containers and hoses of equipment
- may operate paint dipping baths
- may mix coating solutions and regulate their temperature
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au