Industrial Spraypainters operate spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- grinding, sanding and cleaning surfaces of items to be painted
- loading paint, oil, lacquer, varnish and rustproofing agents into spray equipment
- connecting hoses to spray equipment and adjusting spray nozzles to required pressure
- securing items to be sprayed within spray booths or placing them onto conveyors
- directing spray guns to apply even coatings
- moving items to drying areas and stacking them for further painting and packaging
- starting and monitoring extractor and drying fans, and heaters
- cleaning nozzles, containers and hoses of equipment
- may operate paint dipping baths
- may mix coating solutions and regulate their temperature
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application
Other Careers In This Industry
- Apprentice painter
- Opportunity learn from experienced tradespeople who are passionate and knowledgeable
- Work on amazing, high end residential projects with a wide range of interesting finishes and materials
- Paid lunch break and friendly working environment
- Trades & ServicesPainting Trades Workers
- Sun 12 Jul , 2020
- Perth, Western Australia
Outdoor Power Equipment Technology Traineeship
- Kiama Mowers
- Small Engine Mechanics maintain, test and repair engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines. I am looking for someone that has started, or wants to start the 3 year TAFE course in Outdoor Power Equipment Technology and work beside a qualified technician to learn hands on. Once experienced/qualified you are in a highly sought after role, a definite shortage of technicians exists through-out the industry.
- Work anywhere with the skills & qualification you will achieve in this role, not enough small motor mechanics out there.
- One to one learning...learn the business from me & the mechanical skills from a qualified technician.
- Work on a wide array of gear ranging from walk behind & ride on mowers to demo saws & compactors.
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Fri 10 Jul , 2020
- Kiama, New South Wales
- Tue 7 Jul , 2020
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au