Hairdressers cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions.
Image supplied by Salon266
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- providing advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- shampooing hair and conditioning scalps
- colouring, straightening and permanently waving hair with chemical solutions
- cutting hair with scissors, clippers and razors
- styling hair into dreadlocks and braids and adding hair extensions
- shaving and trimming beards and moustaches
- cleaning work areas and sanitising instruments
- arranging appointments and collecting payments
- may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Cert IV in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Salon Management
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 12 Jul , 2019
- Melbourne, Victoria
Electrical Apprenticeship ACT
- Schindler Lifts Australia
- Elevate your career with an Electrical Apprenticeship at Schindler Lifts. Great opportunity to join a recognized employer of choice.
- Join a global leader in the Elevator and Escalator industry
- Four-year apprenticeship program, starting in January 2020
- Kick start your career and obtain an electrical license
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Mon 1 Jul , 2019
- Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
- Fri 28 Jun , 2019
- Narellan, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/