Hairdressers cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions.
Image supplied by Salon266
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- providing advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- shampooing hair and conditioning scalps
- colouring, straightening and permanently waving hair with chemical solutions
- cutting hair with scissors, clippers and razors
- styling hair into dreadlocks and braids and adding hair extensions
- shaving and trimming beards and moustaches
- cleaning work areas and sanitising instruments
- arranging appointments and collecting payments
- may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
- Cert IV in Hairdressing
- Diploma of Salon Management
Other Careers In This Industry
- Griffith Butchery
- Training to select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply and to operate meat processing machines.
- Award Winning Butchery
- In Operation for 30 years
- Griffith - Great location
- Trades & ServicesButcher
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Griffith, Australian Capital Territory
Marine mechanic 1st Year Apprentice
- Kris Oakley Marine Servicing
- 1st Year Apprenticeship certificate 3 Marine Mechanics
Outboard motor servicing and repair.
Vessel servicing and wiring.
Trailer servicing and repair.
- If boating is one of your passions, start a career in the marine idustry
- Small buisness with great team environment.
- Working with one of the biggest outboard motor and boat brands in Austraila
- Trades & ServicesBoat Builder and Repairer
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Dandenong South, Victoria
CNC Machinist, Toolmaker
- Caman Engineering International
- At Caman Engineering International an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship as a FITTER/TURNER, CNC-MACHINIST within a very well established company has come up.
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging apprenticeship, are well presented and eager to learn, this might be your first step toward an interesting and challenging career.
- Brand new purpose built factory
- Australian owned and operated
- Located in the Sutherland Shire
- Trades & ServicesMetal Fitters and Machinists
- Mon 10 Dec , 2018
- Kurnell, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/