Greenkeepers establish and maintain fine turf, grassed areas and synthetic surfaces used for sporting events.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing seedbeds for new turf
- establishing and maintaining turf by watering, over sowing or over seeding, and repairing green damage
- mowing, rolling and levelling turf
- pegging and marking out lines and logos, installing nets, posts and stumps, and placing other sports equipment on playing areas
- operating and maintaining hand and power driven equipment such as mowers, aerators, cultivators, corers and line marking equipment
- constructing cricket wickets, tennis courts, and bowling, croquet and golf greens
- replanting, repairing, aerating, fertilising and top dressing lawns
- installing and maintaining synthetic surfaces
- may maintain buildings, fences and surrounding gardens
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Horticulture
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au