Glaziers measure, cut, finish, fit and install flat glass and mirrors.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Glass and Glazing
- Certificate III in Glass & Glazing
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 17 Oct , 2019
- Manildra, New South Wales
Mobile Plant Mechanic- Apprenticeship
- Downer EDI WORKS
- Opportunity to join an industry leader and kickstart a rewarding career in our Plants and Assets team
- Opportunity to build a rewarding career with an Industry Leader
- 1st year apprenticeship opportunities for our 2020 Apprenticeship Program
- Supportive Team Environment
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Wed 9 Oct , 2019
- Berrimah, Northern Territory
- Lancro Services
- Apprentice plumber required for an established drainage company to
- Great apprenticeship opportunity
- Great working environment
- Opportunity to work on small boutique to large dynamic job sites
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Wed 9 Oct , 2019
- Keilor East, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/