Glaziers measure, cut, finish, fit and install flat glass and mirrors.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Glass and Glazing
- Certificate III in Glass & Glazing
Other Careers In This Industry
Parks and Garden Certificate III Apprenticeship
- Emerald Property Services P/L
- Emerald seeks 1st year apprentices candidates to be involved in the provision of our lawn and landscape maintenance services across Sydney. Candidates should be strong team players wanting to learn all the hands on and Tafe based instruction leading to a Trade Qualification. Work will start and finish from Baulkham Hills base with Public transport near by. Drivers license is a plus.
- Trades & ServicesLandscape Gardener
- Wed 14 Apr , 2021
- Baulkham Hills, New South Wales
- Tue 13 Apr , 2021
- North Perth, Western Australia
- Tue 13 Apr , 2021
- Five Dock, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au