Glaziers measure, cut, finish, fit and install flat glass and mirrors.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Glass and Glazing
- Certificate III in Glass & Glazing
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au