Florists prepare and sell floral arrangements.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- planning and designing floral arrangements
- arranging supply and storage of flowers, greenery, decorations and other items
- treating flowers to extend their life
- selecting, trimming and arranging flowers and other materials
- packing, wrapping, and attaching message cards to, and organising delivery of, completed arrangements
- serving customers and accepting payments
- advising customers on the selection of flowers and floral arrangements
- may decorate hotels, churches, halls and other facilities for special events
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Floristry (Assistant)
- Certificate III in Floristry *
- Certificate IV in Floristry
- Diploma of Floristry Design
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au