Floor Finishers measure, cut, install and repair soft and resilient floor coverings.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- preparing surfaces for covering and removing baseboard trims
- measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- laying coverings, such as carpets, linoleum, parquetry blocks, cork tiles and other resilient flooring materials, over floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges
- securing floor coverings and fitting edge trims in doorways
- sanding, staining and applying finishing coatings to timber floors
- may install wall, ceiling, counter and bench coverings
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Flooring Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 17 Oct , 2019
- Manildra, New South Wales
Mobile Plant Mechanic- Apprenticeship
- Downer EDI WORKS
- Opportunity to join an industry leader and kickstart a rewarding career in our Plants and Assets team
- Opportunity to build a rewarding career with an Industry Leader
- 1st year apprenticeship opportunities for our 2020 Apprenticeship Program
- Supportive Team Environment
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Wed 9 Oct , 2019
- Berrimah, Northern Territory
- Lancro Services
- Apprentice plumber required for an established drainage company to
- Great apprenticeship opportunity
- Great working environment
- Opportunity to work on small boutique to large dynamic job sites
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Wed 9 Oct , 2019
- Keilor East, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/