Driving Instructors instruct individuals and groups in the theory and application of driving motor vehicles
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- instructing students under actual driving conditions, and explaining and demonstrating the operation of brakes, clutch, gear selection, automatic transmission, signals and lights
- teaching road traffic regulations
- teaching road craft and road safety
- advising students when they are ready to undergo driving examination
- may advise on and teach advanced driving techniques required for emergency situations
- may illustrate and explain handling and mechanical operation of motor vehicles and driving techniques using blackboard diagrams and audiovisual aids
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Driving Operations
- Certificate III in Driving Operations
- Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport - Car Driving Instruction)
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprenticeship in Joinery
- Eric jones Staribuilding Group
- Our Timber steam is looking for someone who is eager to kick start their career and completing an Apprenticeship in Joinery Staircase Building with us. You’ will learn skills associated with making custom and traditional stairs, handrails and balustrades. As an Apprentice, you will be based in our workshop in Nunawading and occasionally on site.
- Great place to work
- Work with a leader in the stairbuilding industry
- Mentoring & Support
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Nunawading, Victoria
Ist year Metalwork Apprentice
- Wardrobe & Carroll
- First year apprentice to learn all aspects of metalwork including welding, manufacturing items and finishing work.
TAFE attendance required. Must have competent Maths & English skills. Driver's licence an advantage or willingness to obtain licence.
- Small Friendly workshop with lots of varied work for long established & reputable company
- Walking distance from shops & station
- Occasional overtime available
- Trades & ServicesMetal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- Tue 18 Feb , 2020
- Kirrawee, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au