Carpenters and Joiners construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials, and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- ordering and selecting timbers and materials, and preparing layouts
- cutting materials, and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying trueness of structures
- nailing fascia panels, sheathing roofs, and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- assembling prepared wood to form structures and fittings ready to install
- cutting wood joints
- may construct concrete formwork
- may repair existing fittings
- may work with plastic laminates, perspex and metals
- Carpenter and Joiner
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction
- Certificate III in Carpentry & Joinery
Other Careers In This Industry
- Considering an apprenticeship?
Looking for career growth within an exciting and innovative industry?
Do you want to work with a passionate team dedicated to quality and service?
Looking for a unique and rewarding career on the latest print technologies?
Would you like to work in a specialised industry that provides training and nationally recognised qualifications?
- Looking for local career growth within an exciting and innovative industry?
- Do you want to work with a passionate team dedicated to quality and service?
- Looking for a unique and rewarding career on the latest print technologies?
- Trades & ServicesPrinters
- Wed 24 Apr , 2019
- Griffith, New South Wales
2nd or 3rd Year Plumbing and Gas Apprentice
- Link Plumbing and Gas Service
- We are looking for an experienced 2nd or 3rd Year Plumbing and Gas Apprentice. Candidates MUST have domestic plumbing maintenance experience. Candidates must also be hard working, team orientated and have a commitment to develop skills and knowledge in this trade.
- Link Plumbing and Gas Service is a WA Owned and run plumbing and gas company that has been servicing the Perth metropolitan area for over 30 years.
- We have a team of qualified Plumbers and Gas Fitters who provide a wealth of knowledge and experience in all facets of Plumbing and Gas Fitting.
- We pride ourselves on providing excellence service, quality plumbing and gas fitting, friendly, knowledgeable and self motivated team members.
- Trades & ServicesPlumbers
- Tue 16 Apr , 2019
- Belmont, Western Australia
Apprentice Roof Plumber
- Hartley Metal Roofing PTY LTD
- As a Roof Plumber Apprentice you will be shown how to use tools correctly and work in a team, creating the best possible outcome on the job.
TAFE is block release, drivers licence is not a must, but is great to have.
- You get to work with young energetic crew of guys with passion for metal roofing
- Local work around the Illawarra
- Working with an organised team
- Trades & ServicesRoof Tilers
- Thu 11 Apr , 2019
- Dapto, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/