Cabinetmakers fabricate and repair wooden furniture, and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
Image Supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marking out, cutting and shaping wood
- working from drawings and specifications to make furniture
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Other Careers In This Industry
- Marie-France Group
- - Three (3) consecutive days off!
- 45 Minute Breaks each Day!
- The perfect place to work!
Start your new career as a hairdresser. Marie-France Group is a French-inspired Hair and beauty boutique and Art Gallery offers a unique working environment with a fantastic, caring team. Marie-France Group is a growing brand, known for our distinctive consultation and commitment to high quality service.
- Three (3) consecutive days off.
- 45 minutes break each day.
- The perfect place to work.
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Wed 22 May , 2019
- The Rocks, New South Wales
- My Locksmith Pty Limited
- We are currently seeking an Apprentice Locksmith to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position in a vibrant, young and dynamic company. This position offers excellent working conditions and salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Large Variety of work across many Corporate & Government sites
- Young, Vibrant & Dynamic Team
- Hard Work is Rewarded!
- Trades & ServicesLocksmith
- Mon 20 May , 2019
- Maroubra, New South Wales
- Sun 19 May , 2019
- Gymea, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/