Cabinetmakers fabricate and repair wooden furniture, and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
Image Supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marking out, cutting and shaping wood
- working from drawings and specifications to make furniture
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au