Cabinetmakers fabricate and repair wooden furniture, and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
Image Supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marking out, cutting and shaping wood
- working from drawings and specifications to make furniture
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprenticeship in Joinery
- Eric jones Staribuilding Group
- Our Timber steam is looking for someone who is eager to kick start their career and completing an Apprenticeship in Joinery Staircase Building with us. You’ will learn skills associated with making custom and traditional stairs, handrails and balustrades. As an Apprentice, you will be based in our workshop in Nunawading and occasionally on site.
- Great place to work
- Work with a leader in the stairbuilding industry
- Mentoring & Support
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Thu 20 Feb , 2020
- Nunawading, Victoria
Ist year Metalwork Apprentice
- Wardrobe & Carroll
- First year apprentice to learn all aspects of metalwork including welding, manufacturing items and finishing work.
TAFE attendance required. Must have competent Maths & English skills. Driver's licence an advantage or willingness to obtain licence.
- Small Friendly workshop with lots of varied work for long established & reputable company
- Walking distance from shops & station
- Occasional overtime available
- Trades & ServicesMetal Casting, Forging & Finishing Trades
- Tue 18 Feb , 2020
- Kirrawee, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Feb , 2020
- Marrickville, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au