Butchers select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply, operate meat and smallgoods processing machines, and manage the processes in the production of smallgoods.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
- selecting and preparing meat to produce smallgoods
- operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
- making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
- operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
- advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
- may assist in menu planning and scheduling, and in estimating food production costs
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher)
Other Careers In This Industry
Apprentice Landscape Gardener
- Greenworx Pty Limited
- You will be working with great leaders to provide landscape maintenance for our clients. Your day will involve tasks like mowing and lawn maintenance, hedging and pruning and other soft landscape maintenance tasks.
- We have great teams who work well together and enjoy their jobs
- We are an expanding company with plenty of scope for advancement
- We will make sure that you get all the training and support you need to be successful
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Tue 14 Jan , 2020
- Kings Park, New South Wales
- S & S Auto Electrical Services P/L
- You will be assessed on your knowledge and trained how to repair heavy vehicles and earthmoving equipment and trained to to complete Air Conditioning services and repairs, you will be teamed with a tradesman and taught the correct procedures to enable you to work in supervised. You will learn all about workshop durties to keep a clean and efficient safe work area.
- well established business
- great team of tradesmen
- variety of work and extensive opportunity to learn
- Trades & ServicesAutomotive Electricians
- Sun 12 Jan , 2020
- Smithfield, New South Wales
- Tue 7 Jan , 2020
- Kilmore, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/