Butchers select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply, operate meat and smallgoods processing machines, and manage the processes in the production of smallgoods.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
- selecting and preparing meat to produce smallgoods
- operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
- making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
- operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
- advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
- may assist in menu planning and scheduling, and in estimating food production costs
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher)
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 19 Jun , 2019
- Newtown, New South Wales
- Tue 18 Jun , 2019
- Orange, New South Wales
- The O Salon Hairdressers
- You will be taught to cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions as well as all aspects of hairdressing including product knowledge and sales.
- Learning from outstanding hair professionals
- Very successful busy salon in Mosman
- Relaxed working environment
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Tue 18 Jun , 2019
- Mosman, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/