Butchers select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply, operate meat and smallgoods processing machines, and manage the processes in the production of smallgoods.
Image sourced from Unsplash
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing meat for sale by removing bones, trimming fat and cutting, mincing and grinding meat to shape and size for display or as ordered
- preparing crumbed cuts of meat, and marinating, seasoning and curing special cuts
- selecting and preparing meat to produce smallgoods
- operating machines to grind, mix, mince and tenderise meat
- making seasonings and pickles by mixing spices, salt and other ingredients
- operating sausage filling machines, smoking chambers, and cooking kettles and vats
- advising customers on the suitability and uses of cuts of meat
- may assist in menu planning and scheduling, and in estimating food production costs
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher)
Other Careers In This Industry
Landscaping and Gardening Apprenticeships
- LD TOTAL
- LD TOTAL's next intake of Apprentices is now underway, and we are looking for enthusiastic applicants to join our Company. LD Total is celebrating 20 years of business in 2021, and we have had more than 40 Apprentices successfully graduate through our program in the last 10 years. Many of our apprentices have integrated their passion and commitment with their skills and knowledge to progress through LD Total into senior leaderships roles.
- Love working outdoors
- Join the national leader in landscaping
- Get paid to learn
- Trades & ServicesGardeners
- Mon 18 Oct , 2021
- Truganina, Victoria
Landscape Labourer (or Apprentice)
- Dirtwork Landscapes Pty Ltd
We’re a commercial landscaping company based in Holden Hill, South Australia with a passion for creating exceptional outdoor spaces since 2011. Our last few years have been a period of rapid growth and we’re looking for more vivacious personalities to join the team!
We have an in house design team and a large on site team that specialise in developing commercial landscapes, with projects mostly within the education sector but not excluding residential.
- Trades & ServicesLandscape Gardener
- Fri 15 Oct , 2021
- Holden Hill, South Australia
Apprentice Motor Mechanic
- JSB Automotive Services
- Apprentice Motor Mechanic
Trained in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology Cert III
- Working along side a skilled and experienced Team
- Access to learning opportunities for various vehicles and range of repairs
- Healthy working environment
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Thu 14 Oct , 2021
- Girraween, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au