Building and Plumbing Labourers perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repairing structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, and installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
Image supplied by Shure Thing Carpentry
Building and Plumbing Labourers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- Builder's Labourer
- Drainage, Sewerage and Stormwater Labourer
- Earthmoving Labourer
- Plumber's Assistant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 15 Nov , 2018
- Fyshwick, Australian Capital Territory
- Aran Electrical Services
- incoming electrical works will be attended by electrician. all work plan is going to be discuss for the day and Apprentice task is discussed during this time. Apprentice assist electrician as per plan provided this includes; unloading, load, materials and tools, pull wire, conduit and install electrical device and at finishing work clean up work area at the end of work.
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Wed 14 Nov , 2018
- Heathwood, Queensland
- Wed 14 Nov , 2018
- $60,001 - $70,000
- Dee Why, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/