Building and Plumbing Labourers perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repairing structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, and installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
Image supplied by Shure Thing Carpentry
Building and Plumbing Labourers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- Builder's Labourer
- Drainage, Sewerage and Stormwater Labourer
- Earthmoving Labourer
- Plumber's Assistant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
Other Careers In This Industry
- Apprentice painter
- Opportunity learn from experienced tradespeople who are passionate and knowledgeable
- Work on amazing, high end residential projects with a wide range of interesting finishes and materials
- Paid lunch break and friendly working environment
- Trades & ServicesPainting Trades Workers
- Sun 12 Jul , 2020
- Perth, Western Australia
Outdoor Power Equipment Technology Traineeship
- Kiama Mowers
- Small Engine Mechanics maintain, test and repair engines of chainsaws, lawn mowers, garden tractors and other equipment with small engines. I am looking for someone that has started, or wants to start the 3 year TAFE course in Outdoor Power Equipment Technology and work beside a qualified technician to learn hands on. Once experienced/qualified you are in a highly sought after role, a definite shortage of technicians exists through-out the industry.
- Work anywhere with the skills & qualification you will achieve in this role, not enough small motor mechanics out there.
- One to one learning...learn the business from me & the mechanical skills from a qualified technician.
- Work on a wide array of gear ranging from walk behind & ride on mowers to demo saws & compactors.
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Fri 10 Jul , 2020
- Kiama, New South Wales
- Tue 7 Jul , 2020
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au