Boat Builders and Repairers build, repair and modify boats. Registration or licensing may be required.
Image sourced from Unsplash
Boat Builder and Repairer
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assembling shells of boats and erecting hull sections of ship
- installing masts, frames, decking, fittings, machines, shafts and safety equipment
- building and installing structures such as cabins, machine mountings, propeller supports and rudders
- determining repair requirements and procedures
- may make hull moulds and fabricate and repair vessels using materials such as aluminium, wood, glass, reinforced plastics, carbon fibre, Kevlar, fibreglass and concrete
- Boat Builder and Repairer
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Boating Services
- Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 28 Oct , 2021
- $0 - $20,000
- Dry Creek, South Australia
- Wed 27 Oct , 2021
- Newport, New South Wales
- Mon 25 Oct , 2021
- Bondi Beach, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au