Automotive Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert IV in Automotive Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au