Aborists maintain and care for trees and shrubs by lopping limbs and shaping branches, treating trees with fertilisers and insecticides, removing dead or decaying trees, and advising on general tree care.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- propagating and planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- maintaining planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- pruning trees and hedges, and installing plant support and protection devices
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lopping limbs off trees and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- spraying and dusting plants and trees to control insects and disease, and felling diseased trees
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Arboriculture
- Certificate III in Arboriculture
- Certificate III in Arboriculture (Climbing)
- Diploma of Arboriculture
Other Careers In This Industry
- Sat 28 Mar , 2020
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Greenfields, Western Australia
- Empower Construction Pty Ltd
- Work under an experienced team leader to learn all aspects of carpentry with a specialisation in lightweight cladding and all aspects of building external facades
- Supportive team members and a great working environment
- Work with a variety of Tier 1 residential builders
- 12 years of business growth in Sydney and now in Melbourne
- Trades & ServicesCarpenters and Joiners
- Fri 13 Mar , 2020
- Blacktown, New South Wales
- Wed 11 Mar , 2020
- $30,001 - $40,000
- Fairfield East, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au