Aborists maintain and care for trees and shrubs by lopping limbs and shaping branches, treating trees with fertilisers and insecticides, removing dead or decaying trees, and advising on general tree care.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- propagating and planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- maintaining planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- pruning trees and hedges, and installing plant support and protection devices
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lopping limbs off trees and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- spraying and dusting plants and trees to control insects and disease, and felling diseased trees
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Arboriculture
- Certificate III in Arboriculture
- Certificate III in Arboriculture (Climbing)
- Diploma of Arboriculture
Other Careers In This Industry
- Marie-France Group
- - Three (3) consecutive days off!
- 45 Minute Breaks each Day!
- The perfect place to work!
Start your new career as a hairdresser. Marie-France Group is a French-inspired Hair and beauty boutique and Art Gallery offers a unique working environment with a fantastic, caring team. Marie-France Group is a growing brand, known for our distinctive consultation and commitment to high quality service.
- Three (3) consecutive days off.
- 45 minutes break each day.
- The perfect place to work.
- Trades & ServicesHairdressers
- Wed 22 May , 2019
- The Rocks, New South Wales
- My Locksmith Pty Limited
- We are currently seeking an Apprentice Locksmith to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position in a vibrant, young and dynamic company. This position offers excellent working conditions and salary is negotiable depending on experience.
- Large Variety of work across many Corporate & Government sites
- Young, Vibrant & Dynamic Team
- Hard Work is Rewarded!
- Trades & ServicesLocksmith
- Mon 20 May , 2019
- Maroubra, New South Wales
- Sun 19 May , 2019
- Gymea, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/