Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics assemble, install, maintain and repair industrial, commercial and domestic airconditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
Image supplied by ShureThing Carpentry
Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- establishing job requirements from drawings and specifications, and laying out installation reference points
- drilling holes, installing mounting brackets and cutting, bending and threading piping
- installing and repairing components such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, switches and gauges, and copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, compressed air, oil and chilled water
- bolting, soldering, riveting, welding and brazing pipes to connect equipment, and checking alignment and accuracy of fit
- filling systems with gas or fluid to check for leaks
- test-operating refrigeration systems, checking mechanisms and making adjustments
- removing test gas and fluid using vacuum pumps, and filling with refrigerant
- checking and overhauling refrigeration systems, diagnosing faults and repairing and replacing defective components
- adjusting system controls and mechanisms and reassembling systems
- recording causes of malfunctioning and action taken
- Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
Other Careers In This Industry
- Griffith Butchery
- Training to select, cut, trim, prepare and arrange meat for sale and supply and to operate meat processing machines.
- Award Winning Butchery
- In Operation for 30 years
- Griffith - Great location
- Trades & ServicesButcher
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Griffith, Australian Capital Territory
Marine mechanic 1st Year Apprentice
- Kris Oakley Marine Servicing
- 1st Year Apprenticeship certificate 3 Marine Mechanics
Outboard motor servicing and repair.
Vessel servicing and wiring.
Trailer servicing and repair.
- If boating is one of your passions, start a career in the marine idustry
- Small buisness with great team environment.
- Working with one of the biggest outboard motor and boat brands in Austraila
- Trades & ServicesBoat Builder and Repairer
- Thu 13 Dec , 2018
- Dandenong South, Victoria
CNC Machinist, Toolmaker
- Caman Engineering International
- At Caman Engineering International an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship as a FITTER/TURNER, CNC-MACHINIST within a very well established company has come up.
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging apprenticeship, are well presented and eager to learn, this might be your first step toward an interesting and challenging career.
- Brand new purpose built factory
- Australian owned and operated
- Located in the Sutherland Shire
- Trades & ServicesMetal Fitters and Machinists
- Mon 10 Dec , 2018
- Kurnell, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/