Aborists maintain and care for trees and shrubs by lopping limbs and shaping branches, treating trees with fertilisers and insecticides, removing dead or decaying trees, and advising on general tree care.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- propagating and planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- maintaining planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- pruning trees and hedges, and installing plant support and protection devices
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lopping limbs off trees and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- spraying and dusting plants and trees to control insects and disease, and felling diseased trees
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Arboriculture
- Certificate III in Arboriculture
- Certificate III in Arboriculture (Climbing)
- Diploma of Arboriculture
Other Careers In This Industry
- Tue 14 Aug , 2018
- Batemans Bay, New South Wales
Apprentice Electrician 2-4 year
- Disc Electrical NSW Pty Ltd
- As an Apprentice Electrician you will be involved in CCTV, Access Control Systems, Intercom Systems, Fibre Optics & general electrical under the supervision of licensed technicians.
- Solid well established small business servicing an extensive & varied client base.
- We are a company capable of providing a diversity of skills in house.
- We are mainly a youthful team of friendly skilled technicians supporting a variety of learning experiences.
- Trades & ServicesElectricians
- Mon 13 Aug , 2018
- Taren Point, New South Wales
- Fri 10 Aug , 2018
- $20,001 - $30,000
- Rosebery, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/