Medical Scientists conduct medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- preparing tissue sections for microscopic examination
- examining and analysing samples to study the effects of microbial infections
- analysing samples of body tissue and fluids to develop techniques to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases
- advising Medical Practitioners on the interpretation of tests and methods for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- setting up the steps and rules of laboratory medical testing
- operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- maintaining laboratory quality assurance and safety standards
- preparing scientific papers and reports
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Hospital Scientist
- Medical Scientific Officer
- Bachelor of Science (Medical Science)
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/