Studies the chemical and physical properties of substances, and develops and monitors chemical processes and production.
Image sourced from Pexels.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- conducting experiments and tests to identify the chemical composition and reactive properties of natural substances and processed materials
- analysing and conducting research to develop theories, techniques and processes, and testing the reliability of outcomes under different conditions
- developing practical applications of experimental and research findings
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)
Other Careers In This Industry
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au