Technical Sales Representatives represent companies in selling a range of industrial, medical and pharmaceutical goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other establishments.
Technical Sales Representatives
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks
- compiling lists of prospective client businesses using directories and other sources
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employers' and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- visiting regular and prospective client businesses to establish and act on selling opportunities
- assessing customers' needs and recommending and explaining goods and services to them
- monitoring customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reporting these developments to sales management
- quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms, and completing contracts and recording orders
- arranging delivery of goods, installation of equipment and the provision of services
- reporting to sales management on sales made and the marketability of goods and services
- following up with clients to ensure satisfaction with goods and services purchased, and resolving any problems arising
- preparing sales reports and maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Sales Representative (Industrial Products)
- Medical & Pharmaceutical Products Sales Rep
- Technical Sales Representatives
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Hospital-Health Services Pharmacy Support
- Certificate IV in Business Sales
Other Careers In This Industry
Optical Retail Assistant
- Brennan & Smith Optometrists
- Brennan & Smith Optometrists has a permanent position available for an Optical Retail Assistant. To be successful you must be well presented, enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills.
In house training will be provided, however previous experience in a customer service role, computer skills and reception experience will be an asset. The employers seeks staff who thrive on delivering the best customer service possible with a high level of attention to detail.
- SalesSales Assistants (General)
- Mon 3 Aug , 2020
- Inverell, New South Wales
School Based Trainees - Certificate II and III in Warehousing Operations -SW696
- Apprenticeship Support Australia
- Still in school – but can’t wait to get started on your dream career? A school-based apprenticeship could be the answer!
As an apprentice or trainee, you will finish your higher-learning journey equipped with practical skills and a formal education. This powerful combination of theoretical and hands-on experience is prized by employers across many industries and professions.
- Fri 31 Jul , 2020
- Derrimut, Victoria
- Fri 31 Jul , 2020
- Bridgetown, Western Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au