Sales Representatives represent companies to sell their goods and business services to wholesale and retail establishments.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- promoting and selling their company's goods and services such as building and plumbing supplies, business services, motor vehicle parts and accessories, and personal and household goods
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- using directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective business clients
- visiting clients and retail outlets to establish selling opportunities
- quoting prices and credit terms, recording orders and arranging deliveries
- following up clients and ensuring satisfaction with goods and services and resolving any problems
- monitoring clients' changing needs and competitor activity and reporting on these developments to sales and marketing management
- preparing sales reports
- maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Building & Plumbing Supplies Sales Rep
- Sales Representative (Business Services)
- Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories Sales Rep
- Personal & Household Goods Sales Rep
- Sales Representatives
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Business Sales
Other Careers In This Industry
- Omni-Tel Pty Ltd
- Looking for a sales representative that will be selling dental consumables to clinics throughout SA. This involves building a pipeline of customers, finding out their needs, educating them on our product range and closing the sale.
- SalesSales Representatives
- Mon 13 Jan , 2020
- Adelaide, South Australia
Cert III Retail Trainee
- Charlie's Hardware
- The Retail Trainee will complete on-the-job training as well as classroom based study to ensure a high standard of customer service is continuously delivered as well as ensuring customers’ enquiries and wants are always exceeded
At Charlie’s Hardware we have the following areas: Point of Sales, Trade Sales, Merchandising, Administration & a Workshop. A Retail Traineeship will give the successful candidate an opportunity to explore all of these areas and assist to lead them in a future career.
- SalesSales Assistants (General)
- Thu 9 Jan , 2020
- West Wyalong, New South Wales
- Universal Technology
- Expansion in western suburbs has given us opportunity to accept and train multiple sales representatives. Selling a product that is #1 in its market and now in over 55 countries worldwide.
- SalesSales Representatives
- Wed 8 Jan , 2020
- Minto, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/