Sales Representatives represent companies to sell their goods and business services to wholesale and retail establishments.
Image sourced from Unsplash.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- promoting and selling their company's goods and services such as building and plumbing supplies, business services, motor vehicle parts and accessories, and personal and household goods
- acquiring and updating knowledge of employer's and competitors' goods and services, and market conditions
- using directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective business clients
- visiting clients and retail outlets to establish selling opportunities
- quoting prices and credit terms, recording orders and arranging deliveries
- following up clients and ensuring satisfaction with goods and services and resolving any problems
- monitoring clients' changing needs and competitor activity and reporting on these developments to sales and marketing management
- preparing sales reports
- maintaining and submitting records of business expenses incurred
- Building & Plumbing Supplies Sales Rep
- Sales Representative (Business Services)
- Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories Sales Rep
- Personal & Household Goods Sales Rep
- Sales Representatives
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate IV in Business Sales
Other Careers In This Industry
Sales Assistant Trainee - SW660
- Aprpenticeship Support Australia
- As an apprentice or trainee, you will finish your higher-learning journey equipped with practical skills and a formal education. This powerful combination of theoretical and hands-on experience is prized by employers across many industries and professions.
- SalesSales Assistants (General)
- Tue 30 Jun , 2020
- Wangaratta, Victoria
- Mon 29 Jun , 2020
- Sydney Olympic Park, New South Wales
Business Sales Trainee
- TABMA WORKFORCE & CAREER DEVELOPMENT PTY LTD
- TABMA Apprentices and Trainees are now taking applications for a Business Sales trainee to join the team of a well known supplier of timber and hardware products to the timber industry.
This opportunity is open to any applicants who demonstrate commitment, good communication and a passion for learning about Business Sales.
- SalesSales Representatives
- Wed 24 Jun , 2020
- Chinderah, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au