Sales Assistants (General) sell goods and services, such as food, clothing, hardware, household appliances, office supplies and cosmetics, in retail and wholesale establishments.
Image sourced from Adobe Stock
Sales Assistants (General)
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- demonstrating and explaining to customers the establishment's goods and services
- selling food, beverages, clothing, footwear and other personal and household goods and services
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold.
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
Other Careers In This Industry
- Wed 3 Mar , 2021
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Dee Why, New South Wales
- Mon 1 Mar , 2021
- Campbelltown, New South Wales
- Tue 23 Feb , 2021
- Corowa, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au