Real Estate Sales Agents sell, lease and manage commercial and private properties, and broker the buying and selling of businesses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- accepting and listing properties and businesses for sale and lease, conducting inspections, and advising buyers on the merits of properties and businesses and the terms of sale or lease
- advising vendors of sales and marketing options such as sale by auction and open house inspections
- cataloguing and detailing land, buildings and businesses for sale or lease and arranging advertising
- assessing buyers' needs and locating properties and businesses for their consideration
- offering valuations and advice for buying and selling properties and businesses, and structuring the terms of settlement
- collecting and holding rent monies from tenants, and remitting to owner on agreed basis
- monitoring and addressing non-compliance with terms and conditions of tenancy and pursuing rental arrears
- developing and implementing business plans, budgets, policies and procedures for the agency
- may arrange finance, land brokerage, conveyancing and maintenance of premises
- Business Broker
- Property Manager
- Real Estate Agency Principal
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Representative
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Property Services (Agency)
- Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
- Diploma of Property Services (Business Broking), Diploma of Property Services (Asset and Facility Management)
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/