Track riders exercise racehorses on behalf of horse trainers so that they may be fit for racing.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- follow an exercise training programme laid out by the horse trainer
- walk, gallop and trot horses regularly, according to the training programme
- make reports to the trainer on horses' progress and performance
- monitor horses' health and temperament and report signs of injury and illness
- perform stable duties such as washing, feeding and saddling horses
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Racing (Trackrider)
Other Careers In This Industry
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/