Stablehands assist with maintaining and cleaning stables and handling horses.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- brush and groom, feed, handle and exercise horses, and lead them to their stables
- check horses for lameness, common injuries, ailments and infections
- give first aid, medication or other treatment to horses
- clean and maintain stables and training equipment
- accompany horses to registered race meetings, gymkhanas (horseriding events) and equestrian events
- exercise horses during track work or equestrian activities
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Racing (Stablehand)
- Certificate III in Racing (Advanced Stablehand)
Other Careers In This Industry
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au