Train and Tram Drivers drive trains and trams to transport passengers and freight on rail networks.
Image sourced from iStock
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- stopping at stations and set locations to pick up and set down passengers and freight
- opening and closing doors before and after passengers board or alight
- observing signals, track conditions, nearby traffic and prescribed speeds to ensure safety
- monitoring indicator gauges, changing controls and power supply poles and reporting operating irregularities
- checking time and adherence to timetables
- may advise passengers on destinations
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 7 May , 2021
- Hazelmere, Western Australia
Warehouse Production/Pick Packer
- ALFRED E. CHAVE PTY. LTD.
- We have several warehouse and manufacturing clients based in Brisbane Inner Suburbs looking for laborers and pick pack workers.
Experience is not necessary, but willingness to learn and grow attitude is crucial, we’ll provide the training. The role is essential to ensuring our customers receive the correct deliveries at the correct time and uphold our promise of delivering exactly.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsStorepersons
- Sat 1 May , 2021
- Rocklea, Queensland
- Tue 27 Apr , 2021
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au