Storepersons receive, handle and despatch goods in stores and warehouses.
Image sourced from Shutterstock
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- receiving incoming goods, checking for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices
- unloading vehicles, opening packages and removing contents
- operating computers to obtain details of location and quantity of items in stock
- labelling goods with details of storage location
- packing and weighing goods and sealing boxes
- operating machines to lift, place and remove goods on high levels
- operating specialised equipment, such as manually and electronically guided order pickers, and checking goods off picking list
- assisting with regular stocktakes
- may use materials handling equipment, such as hydraulic pallet lifters and hand trucks, to move goods
- Stores Assistant
- Warehouse Assistant
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Warehousing Operations
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
Other Careers In This Industry
- Austech Illusions
- We are currently seeking a workshop laborer for our warehouse in midland. We are a metal fabrication company so experience using power and hand skills is essential. We are a high paced, energetic environment working towards multiple deadlines. A successful candidate will need to be highly motivated with a willingness to learn. This position is casual with the opportunity for full time employment.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsProduct Assemblers
- Tue 19 Jan , 2021
- Bellevue, Western Australia
- Fri 15 Jan , 2021
- Railway Estate, Queensland
- Fri 15 Jan , 2021
- Port Adelaide, South Australia
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au