Product Assemblers put together components and subassemblies that go into the production of metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, jewellery and precious metal articles, and joinery products.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- locating, positioning and securing components on workbenches
- punching and drilling mounting holes in parts and assembled products
- assembling and securing components in sequence
- assembling parts by nailing, screwing, gluing and dowelling, riveting, crimping, soldering and spot welding components
- fitting hardware items, such as hinges, catches and knobs, to parts
- attaching and fastening jewellery and jewellery parts to fabricate bracelets, necklaces, brooches and earrings
- deburring and finishing items using files, grinding wheels and emery paper
- may manually wind light electrical field coils
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate II in Engineering - Production Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 15 Oct , 2018
- Tottenham, Victoria
- Wed 10 Oct , 2018
- $40,001 - $50,000
- Craigieburn, Victoria
Warehousing and Logistics
- Southern Plumbing Plus
- As a member of the Logistics team you will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the warehouse area, including providing support towards inventory activities, planning, receipts, dispatch, and storage and processing of materials/goods/parts and products. You will also be involved in deliveries across the ACT.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsForklift Drivers
- Wed 10 Oct , 2018
- Fyshwick, Australian Capital Territory
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/