Primary Products Inspectors inspect animals, plants and agricultural produce and facilities to ensure compliance with government and industry standards with respect to quality, health and licensing.
Image supplied by NSW Farmers Association
Primary Products Inspectors
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- inspecting animals, plants and agricultural produce to identify product quality issues, and providing advice to producers
- auditing and monitoring quality procedures at farms and food handling and processing facilities to ensure compliance with required standards
- testing samples of produce for quality, size and purity
- ensuring that required standards of hygiene are observed at storage, processing and packing facilities and in transport vehicles
- advising primary producers on economic aspects of disease eradication and informing producers and the general public of the health implications of diseases and impurities
- advising on the identification of pests and diseases and on regulations pertaining to grading, packing and loading of products
- examining imported plants and animals, and products, such as timber, seeds and dried fruits, and making quarantine arrangements
- patrolling and investigating waterways for unlawful fishing activities and the removal of protected marine life
- educating, advising and providing information on a wide range of topics relating to fish and their protection
- may initiate or assist in legal action to enforce regulations
- Fisheries Officer
- Meat Inspector
- Quarantine Officer
- Primary Products Inspectors
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
- Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Quality Assurance), Certificate IV in Fisheries Compliance, Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Fisheries Compliance, Diploma of Meat Processing
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 7 May , 2021
- Hazelmere, Western Australia
Warehouse Production/Pick Packer
- ALFRED E. CHAVE PTY. LTD.
- We have several warehouse and manufacturing clients based in Brisbane Inner Suburbs looking for laborers and pick pack workers.
Experience is not necessary, but willingness to learn and grow attitude is crucial, we’ll provide the training. The role is essential to ensuring our customers receive the correct deliveries at the correct time and uphold our promise of delivering exactly.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsStorepersons
- Sat 1 May , 2021
- Rocklea, Queensland
- Tue 27 Apr , 2021
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au