Marine Transport Professionals control and manage the operations of ships, boats and marine equipment.
Image sourced from Pexels.
Marine Transport Professionals
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This career is suited to
Find out more
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- directing fishing operations by using knowledge about the species sought, fishing areas, seasons and the capabilities of the vessel and crew
- directing crew in catching fish, molluscs and crustacea at varying depths using nets, lines, poles, pots and traps
- planning, controlling and coordinating the operational and maintenance requirements of a ship's propulsion and domestic plant and equipment
- operating plant and equipment and performing routine maintenance on ship's systems including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, steam generating, and fire prevention and control systems
- controlling and directing shipping operations to ensure the safe and efficient loading and transport of cargo and passengers
- ensuring compliance with regulations pertaining to safety at sea and protection of the marine environment
- directing the activities of the deck crew for navigational support tasks, berthing and unberthing, maintenance, cleaning and painting of superstructures, and repair and replacement of defective deck gear and equipment
- navigating a ship by supervising the ship's course and speed according to predetermined passage plans and safety procedures
- examining and approving design plans of hulls and equipment such as main propulsion engines, auxiliary boilers and turbines, electrical power generating plant, refrigeration and airconditioning plant and pumping systems
- conducting periodic surveys throughout a ship's life to ensure standards are maintained
- Master Fisher
- Ship's Engineer
- Ship's Master
- Ship's Officer
- Ship's Surveyor
- Marine Transport Professionals
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Maritime Operations
- Certificate IV in Maritime Operations
- Diploma of Maritime Operations
- Advanced Diploma of Maritime Operations
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 7 May , 2021
- Hazelmere, Western Australia
Warehouse Production/Pick Packer
- ALFRED E. CHAVE PTY. LTD.
- We have several warehouse and manufacturing clients based in Brisbane Inner Suburbs looking for laborers and pick pack workers.
Experience is not necessary, but willingness to learn and grow attitude is crucial, we’ll provide the training. The role is essential to ensuring our customers receive the correct deliveries at the correct time and uphold our promise of delivering exactly.
- Manufacturing, Transport & LogisticsStorepersons
- Sat 1 May , 2021
- Rocklea, Queensland
- Tue 27 Apr , 2021
- Sydney, New South Wales
© Department of Education, Skills and Employment, joboutlook.gov.au