Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
|Very strong growth|
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Skill Set Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- appointing agents and distributors
- arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- implementing after-sales service procedures
- Importer or Exporter
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in International Freight Forwarding (Operator), Certificate III in International Trade
- Certificate IV in International Trade
Other Careers In This Industry
- Fri 14 Sep , 2018
- Emu Plains, New South Wales
- Fri 14 Sep , 2018
- Wetherill Park, New South Wales
- Wed 12 Sep , 2018
- Ingleburn, New South Wales
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/